[Air-l] naturally occurring conflicts?

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 28 12:56:39 PDT 2007

wikipedia is public scholarship with fewer or perhaps more guardians.
It still requires skills to write a good entry but the dinosaurs of
academia are not in the way meaning the snobs quotient is lower. It
is also much cheaper than a course at school.

I suppose a page and the edits could be modelled as turns in a game
theory model. but quantifying wikipedia content is going to be like
Leibniz's algebra of life perhaps impossible. See Berlinski, David
the Advent of the Algorithm (New York: Harcourt, 2000) and others on
similar themes.

Peter Timusk,
B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa (2006-2007).
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.