[Air-l] Any good Free E-Learning Platforms out there?

Jeremy Depauw jeremy.depauw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 02:06:40 PDT 2007

The Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) in Belgium has developed an
open source platform designed for e-learning. It works with PHP and
Mysql. I saw it in action and it is very complete. Feel free to take a
look at their website : http://www.claroline.net/ (english version of
the website available) and to download it for test.

Kind regards,

Jeremy Depauw

Doctoral student
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)

2007/3/28, Jeremy Malcolm <Jeremy at malcolm.id.au>:
> Michael Baron wrote:
> > Hi, All
> > I am trying to find a good Platform (e.g. something similar to Blackboard or
> > E-Courses) that will enable me to deliver online courses free of cost. Is
> > there such a platform? My training institution is small and can not really
> > afford to subscribe to turnitin etc.
>
> Moodle seems an obvious choice.  It is developed locally (to me) but
> used worldwide, and I attended our local IT industry awards last week
> where it walked away with two gongs.  See: http://moodle.org/.
>
> --
> Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
> Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor
> host -t NAPTR 1.0.8.0.3.1.2.9.8.1.6.e164.org|awk -F! '{print $3}'

Jeremy Depauw

The Power of Knoweldge Sharing and Skills Synegism
Journal de recherche: http://dev.ulb.ac.be/~jdepauw/dotclear/index.php