[Air-l] naturally occurring conflicts?

J Sternberg netberg at compuserve.com
Wed Mar 28 08:34:31 PDT 2007

Hi Jonna :)

I was interested to see your query about literature regarding chat-room
conflicts. My own doctoral research was inspired by experiences I had
with chat-room conflicts on IRC (Internet Relay Chat), although I dealt
with the topic more broadly in the dissertation I completed in 2001,
"Misbehavior in Cyber Places: The Regulation of Online Conduct in
Virtual Communities on the Internet."

Although I haven't published a book on this research, my dissertation is
available from UMI in both printed and electronic form (PDF file) at
http://wwwlib.umi.com/dissertations/fullcit/3022160

I can provide further details (abstract, table of contents) if you
contact me off list.

Kind regards,
Janet

Janet Sternberg, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor and Associate Chair
Department of Communication and Media Studies
Fordham University
Bronx, NY 10458-9993 USA
718-817-4855 voice | 718-817-4868 fax
netberg at compuserve.com