[Air-l] Zotero and sharing saved web pages & notes

Semenov Alexander semenoffalex at googlemail.com
Fri May 11 04:52:23 PDT 2007

Several months ago here was a discussion about such sevices. I suggested
on-line service CiteULike (http://www.citeulike.org/). I'll copy it's
advantages here as I couldn't find that topic myself =).
1. It doesn't depend on browser, as it's on-line service, not
application. You can simply put a button on your browser's panel and
it'll work like a application.

2. It allows to share your bibliography on-line.
3. It fully "recognizes" reference format of several important on-line
libraries
(Science, Jstor, Scopus, etc.)
4. Exports your bibliography to BibTeX/Endnote formats.
5. Has "watchlists".
So it has all the advantages of on-line service over stand-alone
application.
Hope it's helpful.
Best wishes.