[Air-l] research on factors driving traffic to web sites

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 22:55:47 PDT 2007

Cristian -

My apopolgies if someone has already posted these
references. Denise

Web Campaigning
Kirsten Foot and Steven M. Schneider
Foreword by Michael Cornfield
December 2006
http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=11005

Schneider, S. M., & Foot, K. A. 2005. Web sphere
analysis: an approach to studying online action. In
Hine, C. (Ed.), Virtual Methods: Issues in social
research on the internet (pp. 157-170). Oxford: Berg
Publishers.

Thelwall, M. and L. Vaughn. 2004. Special Issue on
Webometrics. JASIST, 55(14).

Park, H.W. & Thelwall, M. (2003). Hyperlink analysis:
Between networks and  indicators, Journal of
Computer-Mediated Communication, 8(4):
http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol8/issue4/park.html

Park, H.W. (2003). What is hyperlink network
analysis?: New method for  the   study of social
structure on the Web. Connections, 25(1), 49-61.
http://www.insna.org/Connections-Web/Volume25-1/7.Hyperlink.pdf

Also see Mike Thelwall:

http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/~cm1993/

His CV is posted there. He would be an authority on
web traffic.

Cheers, Denise

--- Cristian Vaccari <cristian.vaccari at gmail.com>