[Air-l] students on lists

Mary-Helen Ward mhward at usyd.edu.au
Thu May 17 18:05:31 PDT 2007

I know from my PhD project that many students feel quite inadequate
in the presence of Real Academics. Whether they should or not is
another matter, but many have been treated quite badly in academic
forums (or seen other people so treated). It can be really difficult
for them to trust these forums, and it sometimes doesn't take much to
send them scuttling for cover.

This list always, in my experience, works hard to provide a safe and
welcoming space.

M-H