[Air-l] Technology Transforming Education--EE-Learning

Kevin Guidry krguidry at gmail.com
Thu May 24 14:25:17 PDT 2007

On 5/24/07, Matthew Bernius <mbernius at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, retrograde as it may sound, we believe that typographic literacy, and the skills
> that are developed through the study of it, are the foundation on which success will
> be based.

   I don't think it's retrograde at all.  Given the vast amounts of
knowledge and research that are available exclusively in print (I
stumped one of our research librarians a few months ago when I asked
about searching for video content just as I do for text, using
powerful tools and large databases), scholars, researchers, and
educated persons *must* master this medium if they're to take
advantage of that accumulated knowledge.  Maybe I'm terribly wrong or
misguided but that just seems like common sense to me.

Kevin