[Air-l] Does anybody have an "Internet Marketing" degree?

Caroline Haythornthwaite haythorn at uiuc.edu
Mon May 28 08:33:42 PDT 2007

Depends entirely on what you mean by these names:

Internet Marketing = e-commerce, with lots of business schools teaching this.

Internet Research -- if you mean using and understanding the Internet as a site
for searching for information = library science/library and information science,
with degree programs everywhere.

Internet Research -- if you mean doing empirically based research about the
Internet and its use, about applications and application development = graduate
progrms in communications, sociology, anthropology, information science,
computer science, and probably other fields too (e.g., digital humanities).

/Caroline