[Air-l] laptops and Internet access in class

Dr. Steve Eskow drseskow at cox.net
Sun May 20 21:19:40 PDT 2007

Dr. Johns,

Would it be cynical to conclude that it depends a) on what you are doing in
the class to make things relevant, and b) insuring attendance at the
discussionsections by having assignments in the class that accoount for 25%
of the grade?

And that there are two quite different kinds of logics at work here? And
that you're not sure there would be attendance if all you had to work for
you was relevance?

Why not give the exam online, depend on the exam to demonstrate what the
student has learned, and ignore attendance?

S. Eskow