[Air-l] Technology Transforming Education

Heidelberg, Chris Chris.Heidelberg at ssa.gov
Tue May 22 14:39:39 PDT 2007

Kevin:

Rhodes (2001)may not have intended to make your point but he does make
it by illustrating in his book how the Ivy League schools are already
providing distance learning and it is not cheap. He even cited and
executive graduate program at Duke that was $80k for an accelerated
program that was part hybrid (students showed up for approximately 1-2
weeks). We as a nation will have to make a concerted effort to make
education affordable for the masses if we are to compete globally.