[Air-l] University reprimands students for Facebook comments

Rhiannon Bury buryrc at rogers.com
Thu May 24 08:54:29 PDT 2007

The same thing happened here at either the Toronto District School Board
(public) or  Catholic board when students made negative comments about a
teacher or principal.

On a similar note, the Ontario govenment has blocked access to Facebook
on its computers (just for the civil servants and not the politicians
mind you). Given the age demographic of the civil service, I can't
imagine that many employees are parked on Facebook.  I think the Toronto
municipal gov't followed suit . Rather silly overeaction if you ask me.

Rhiannon Bury