[Air-l] Blogs as source of socio-demographic data

Alexander Semenov semenoffalex at googlemail.com
Wed May 30 10:14:58 PDT 2007

Hello everyone,
recently I was surfing Russian facebook-clone vkontakte.ru and decided to
count statistics of political preferences. I don't consider my results to
be valid, so I've decided to ask about any thoughts, articles etc. on the
validity of blogs as a source of socio-demographic data (age, gender,
location, political and religious preferences etc.). While I think that
other interests such as music, reading, films etc. are quite reliable I
can't say the same about socio-demographic data. What do you think?
Thanks in advance.
Best wishes,
Alexander Semenov.
MA student
Faculty of Sociology
Moscow School of Social and Economic Sciences (MSSES)
http://www.msses.ru/English/index.html