[Air-l] cfp; disagree with James Whyte (and who?)

James Whyte whyte.james at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 09:44:15 PDT 2007

My  comment about this subject was not an opinion nor a proposal, it was simply an observation. I also agreed with you on the result of greater participation. I don't know how a person can disagree with an observation or agreement. In fact I think I gave homage to

  You will not likely find me In any "scholarly" publication because I was an IT practitioner for 35 years and retired. In my world I had no need to publish and was, in fact, discouraged from doing so. My experience is more akin to information architecture than the social pursuits of this community. To that end my comments can only be considered as speculations

  Am I to understand that if you do not appear in Gogle Scholar you have no voice in this list?

  If my agreement offended I apologize. If it is inappropriate to comment I will lurk.

  I think I made my intent in joining the list clear to the moderator.

  I do appreciate the capital of this culture.

  James

  I disagree strongly with James Whyte, that we should segregate calls
for proposals, conferences, etc from this list. I daresay that it is the
lifeblood of this list for many scholars and important for most of the
rest. Indeed, as this is AoiResearchers, calls for publishing such
research is part of what distinguishes us from uninformed talkers.

http://www.aoir.org/