[Air-l] [AOIR 8.0] Vancouver Conference Update #2 (May 8, 2007)

Richard Smith smith at sfu.ca
Thu May 10 10:00:58 PDT 2007

> Just a suggestion, but placing some of the conference fee into buying
> carbon
> credits might make the gig a little greener....?

That's an excellent idea. I will ask Alex if we can make that a "button" for
the Kagi web site - if we make it optional then no one can object too much.

I will also ask a student to do a "back of the envelope" calculation of our
"footprint" and see if we can embed that figure into a carbon credit
purchase AND an objective for reduction in future conferences.

If you have any pointers on a good carbon impact calculator, I'd be
interested in hearing about it.

...r