[Air-l] Lurkers Wanted - Revisited

James Whyte whyte.james at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 11:08:45 PDT 2007

Jeremy,
  I disagree with your first sentence. "Umm, i don't mean to be harsh"

  My posting was to withdraw from my own mistake with some dignity but it appears that you could not resist deafeating that.

  Everything you said about "bias" is true. I suspect it is true in all social science research since, with the exception on non-participant observation, there is some kind of opt-in process. This is particularly true in Netspace research.

  This situation differs because the subjects are priviledge to the discussions about what the terms mean. That is usually not the case.

  As to your comment about "general process", I was not refering to the theory, but to the ability to generalize the conclusion. My frame, is to discover processes that generalize beyond the reference group. My ontological commitment is to an orderly universe based on laws. Most of which we don't yet understand.

  Regards,

  James

Jeremy Hunsinger <jhuns at vt.edu> wrote:
  Umm, i don't mean to be harsh