[Air-l] Meta lurking

Charles Balch Ph.D. charlie at balch.org
Sat May 12 19:58:33 PDT 2007

An interesting point Alex about lurking and the point of discussing anything
(in this list). Change is often a good thing.  If we can come up with a
better way, I'm all for change but my first goal is to understand what is
going on before I try to change it.

With a goal of understanding, development of a lexicon describing list
members makes sense. I've started to develop a lexicon from an operational
perspective much as the DSM does.

Even if a common vocabulary becomes widespread, the lexicon would not assist
the "newbies" you describe. However, it might help them understand their
environment more and give them some idea of the role they want to play.

Thanks for adding to the discussion.

Charlie Balch
Professor of Computer Information Systems
Arizona Western College