[Air-l] Doctorow on Dealing With Trolls

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Thu May 17 10:02:18 PDT 2007

I think that you are now trolling.
i did not present him as malevolent, i presented my interpretations
of his situation.   I personally think there is going to be a
difference between his portrayal of his actions and his perceived
actions.  I am just skeptical of his position given prior actions.  I
am sure that everyone would agree that he is attempting to do
something, and where we might disagree is how to interpret that.

again, phrases such as 'true scholarship' might be considered
derogatory.

My sole point was to say to fellow members of the list that you
should investigate the situation more fully before you commit to
working with someone.  If they do investigate this situation more
fully, I expect they will come to worrysome conclusions.  That is my
opinion of people who I suspect have a well developed capacity for
judgment.  It is not scholarship, they can do that on their own.