[Air-l] laptops and Internet access in class

T. Kennedy tkennedy at netwomen.ca
Mon May 21 10:06:13 PDT 2007

Agreed, our situations differ - and yours seems to be located in a
particular context (privileged clientele at a pricey private college),
whereas I teach in a blue collar university town and a university in a large
city with mostly immigrants.
The attendance issues I have the most are in relation to balancing work and
school but almost of my students attend every class (lecture & seminar).
Must be the technology I'm using ;)

---
My point, however, is that my situation is not the same as yours. So you
may be as offended as you like by my syllabus language. If I taught on
your campus, wherever it may be, I'd likely do things differently. But
when teaching a privileged clientele at a pricey private college, I find
this works for me.
--
Mark D. Johns, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Head of the