[Air-l] Technology Transforming Education--EE-Learning

Dr. Steve Eskow drseskow at cox.net
Fri May 25 10:03:15 PDT 2007

Chris,

<<I am of the belief that the elite will keep books and printed words as a
status symbol while educating the masses with digital means. This seems to
be the direction that things are currently moving whether it is preferable
or not. I am a believer in multiple mediums, methods and
simulations/apprenticeships as teaching tools in every field. >>

 You and I and all of us on this list are using "printed words," and only
printed words, to do our communicating.

Is that because we are academics and "printed words" are the status symbol
of the academy? Or is there some other reason?

Would our communication here be enriched if we added "multiple mediums"? If
so, why don't we add them?

Steve Eskow