[Air-l] on journals ...

Ellis Godard egodard at csun.edu
Wed May 2 00:32:40 PDT 2007

Amy Bruckman wrote:
> But eventually we will become people's home discipline,

I'm curious how many others think/believe/expect this.

Disciplines can be defined by their subject matter, methods, or perspectives
(typically some combination), but AOIR is diverse in all three of these
regards - and intentionally (perhaps even increasingly) so.

Even if those fascinated with "inter-/trans-"/boundary-crossing focus their
career attention within AOIR, and those of us with disciplinary inclinations
depart, to what extent can unbounded diversity provide a foundation for a
home anything, much less a home discipline?

-eg