[Air-l] Second Life Research Ethics

Åsa Rosenberg asa.rosenberg at sociology.gu.se
Sun May 6 09:37:16 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am a PhD student at the Department of Sociology at Göteborg
university, Sweden. I am planning an empirical exploratory study on
ethics in online research using Second Life as my case (several case
studies in SL on other topics will follow). I would very much appreciate
any help I can get with the following questions.

1) Has any research like mine been conducted? I am looking for studies
that focus particularly on research ethics and Second Life, i.e. studies
performed in SL where ethics are the main object of study. I am well
aware of the multitude of publications in more general ethics in online
research.

2) Is there an online bibliography of research in Second Life besides
the Annotated Bibliography of Second Life Educational Online Resources
at  <http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~mpepper/slbib>
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~mpepper/slbib? I am looking for some place
that collects all published research on Second Life. (Not sure if that
is the purpose of the Annotated Bibilography).

Apologies for any cross-postings and thanks in advance,

Åsa Rosenberg (SL: Kid Kuhn)

Åsa Rosenberg

Department of Sociology, Göteborg University

asa.rosenberg[at]sociology.gu.se

 <http://www.cyberkid.se/> http://www.cyberkid.se