[Air-l] on journals ...

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 00:45:52 PDT 2007

Ellis Godard wrote:

  "Even if those fascinated with "inter-/trans-"/boundary-crossing focus
their career attention within AOIR, and those of us with disciplinary
inclinations depart, to what extent can unbounded diversity provide
  a foundation for a home anything, much less a home discipline?"

  Personally, I don't see it as unbounded diversity. Or rather, different disciplines
  are being applied in the context of (associating) internet research. As the
  Internet increasingly makes available (or even becomes) library materials,
  research in philosophy (which is what it all is anyway, tho phil branches), in
  psychology, in anthropology, etc. could be done using internet research
  methodologies. These would be based/developed on/in internet research associations'/ societies'/groups' theories/methodologies/approaches. This is what appears to me to be happening from this side of the computer screen. Your side also seems interesting to me :-) and I think I'm learning more about it. It's the dialectics that make it interesting imho.

  Best regards, Bill

William Bain
PhD Student
Comparative Literature