[Air-l] we need a better word than lurking

Semenov Alexander semenoffalex at googlemail.com
Tue May 8 01:34:54 PDT 2007

Once I asked my group mate why she didn't post in blogs and forums and she
answered that she was a "looker". "Lurker" - I said correcting her as she
was not much aware of Internet terms. "No, I prefer "looker" as I rather
prefer to look at others' posts than write myself" - she said. It seems like
she anticipated this discussion although she is absolutely profane in
Internet and Internet-related research.
Alexander Semenov.
P.S. I've always known that Erving Goffman is "the must" sociologist to
apply for Internet-research =).

<http://www.msses.ru/English/index.html>