[Air-l] laptops and Internet access in class

Mark D. Johns mjohns at luther.edu
Mon May 21 17:10:01 PDT 2007

Dr. Steve Eskow wrote:
> If I were in your position, without tenure and with an institutional climate
> that doesn't allow for differences in practice, I would undooubtedly do as
> you are doing--in order to collect my paycheck. I will think about whether I
> would defend those  practices--compulsory attendance, "points" awarded and
> deducted, etc.-- in public....

Gee, and just the other day I was chiding my friends on this list for
taking troll bait, and now look at how I've spent my day! Only a true
ivory tower academic would vilify the notion that an education ought to
actually help prepare students to bear some responsibility for their
actions and inactions. I have better things to do than to read further
condescending posts.

No more time to play this game. There's work to be done.
--
Mark D. Johns, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Head of the