[Air-l] Technology Transforming Education--EE-Learning

Dominic Pinto zorro at btinternet.com
Wed May 23 07:45:20 PDT 2007

--- "Heidelberg, Chris" <Chris.Heidelberg at ssa.gov>
wrote:
<snip>

> [...]

I would say not just _now_.

In the business context - certainly working for an
international company from 1980, with widely
distributed national and worldwide interests, working
by phone and paper (and then e-mail) with many people
who you would often never meet, save for maybe
irregularly if at all, was the norm.

That goes back in my direct experience to the early
'80s. And also in the '70s, working in international
and domestic banking, and then as a student activist
in the mid to late '70s.

Meeting those you've spoken with maybe only for months
or years, written to, and then e-mailed for the first
time would be equally disturbing. Noone ever seems to
look the way they speak!

D.

Dominic Pinto
http://www.ecademy.com/user/dominicpinto
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dominicpinto

Live or work in, or visit Covent Garden and Westminster?
Check out http://www.westmin.co.uk/index.php

e-m: dominic.pinto at ieee.org
Skype: zorrodp
M: +44 780 302-8268