[Air-l] Technology Transforming Education--EE-Learning

andrea baker bakera at ohiou.edu
Wed May 23 16:37:56 PDT 2007

Hello--
Steve E and Marj, thanks for initiating and  propelling this
discussion forward.
Great comments, Charles, Steve J, and Nancy, I like your points and questions.

Having taught online for a while, and this quarter teaching the same
course both online and offline, the topic has me thinking more about
the learning processes.   Each group learns in different ways, of
course, and perhaps even learns different content to a degree, in the
sense of what will stick with them in the long run.  Hmmm.

I know one thing and that is, Marj, I'd really like to learn koala
arm-wrestling from you. :-)  You have a handle on all the reasons why
I (and most students) would prefer to do that in person.  I'd even
settle for a few lessons by phone or video.  With a topic of such
interest, and an extremely motivated learner, perhaps any one of
several modes would do.

And the beat goes on...
cheers,
andee