[Air-l] Technology Transforming Education--EE-Learning

Suzana Sukovic suzana.sukovic at uts.edu.au
Thu May 24 15:11:51 PDT 2007

At 11:13 PM 24/05/2007, you wrote:
>Charles Ess wrote:
> > While there are clear advantages to online learning environments - one of
> > the best teaching moments in my life occurred during a brief stint with
> > WebCT - because, like Mark Johns, I'm privileged to teach in a private,
> > liberal arts place with classes ranging between 8 - 20 students each, I'm
> > also profoundly convinced of the many sorts of teaching excellences that I
> > can do only in f2f environments.
>
>Thanks for the mention, Charles, and your willingness to be seen in the
>company of one who commits the abominable sin of (gasp!) taking
>attendance in his classes.

People are taking attendance in online and physical classes. We can discuss
if students are more motivated in one setting than in another, but it is a
different matter. At the end of the day, teaching staff has to ensure
somehow that students satisfied course requirements and it is essentially
the same online and offline.

Visual web and textual print - the discussion is getting even more
interesting.
Back to attentive lurking.
Suzana