[Air-l] internet and computer stats

Mariana Goya mgoyam at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 13:47:33 PDT 2007

Dear Aoirs:

  I’m studying if internet and the personal computer can affect writing, particularly in the academic community. For that reason, I’m trying to find numbers about internet growth and computer usage since 1976. Currently I have the number of internet users worldwide and the number of hosts, and some incomplete information about computer usage.

  But I’m still trying to find some numbers related to academics.

  Does anyone know where can I find statistics about academics’ use of internet and/or computers?

  I appreciate your help,
  Thanks,
Mariana

  Mariana Goya Martinez
  Graduate Student, Department of Communication
University of Illinois at Chicago