[Air-l] Trolls

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 00:53:44 PDT 2007

Folks,

  I wonder if I could break lots of rules and send a short comment here in a too general sense and jamming together diifrent thing s that have been talked about in regard to this subject. I was kind of briefly in on the discussuion when it started, and I did mention the diea of agreeing to disagree, which by now has been much more elocquently expressd or re-expressed by a number of people. Anyway, the short bit I wanted to say was just that I, like several others who have recently spoken, have always found this list welvcoming and at the same time (as I'd hope) bright enough to be impateint with tiresome comments. I do hope that this isn't a tiresome comment, but I also wanted to add my voice to others saying we should move on from this topic. Actually, I think that's already the case and people have shown that the elenchics aoir rpomotes have an eloqunces of their own. the one negativish idea that sprang up (from my perspective) is some of the comments about students.
 Adult to adult, we're all students, tho ovbiously at different phases and in different roles. several moons ago an experession was used on this list, "ghetthoisation of graduate students" I think wa s the phrase. I think it's good to recall that expression in regard to moving on and, well, end of short bit and in support of continued elenics :-)

  WRB

William Bain
PhD Student
Comparative Literature