[Air-l] laptops and Internet access in class

Julie Cohen jec at law.georgetown.edu
Mon May 21 08:02:21 PDT 2007

Thanks to all who are responding about this.  It seems that there is a
wide range of opinion!

The discussion has reminded me that most of you (who teach, at least)
teach a lot of undergraduates.  I should probably ask whether you feel
it makes a difference when the students are older.  Our first years have
at least finished college, and many also have substantial work
experience.  But many of the classes are as large as undergraduate
classes, so they're very different from the typical graduate student
seminar.

Julie