[Air-l] Technology Transforming Education

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Tue May 22 16:52:35 PDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Dr. T. Michael Roberts <dr_haqiqah at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Distance is the best thing that ever happened to
> bright, motivated students that already have jobs and
> families.

I agree. I am now teaching in a masters program that attracts mainly
mid-career professionals, and each semester more of our offerings are
online because this is what the students want. I suspect that we will
end up with a hybrid model that is becoming particularly popular for
these kinds of programs.

And so, a quick request: since I am involved in this transition, I
wonder if there is a single book or series of articles--something that
is all in one place that addresses the best practices and pitfalls in
this direction. It would be great if it applied directly to
professional programs. Thanks!

Alex

--
//