[Air-l] Technology Transforming Education--EE-Learning

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 23:36:28 PDT 2007

Hello All,

  I just wanted to ask something here. Chris Heidelberg wrote:  "Professors are taught to cover and emphasize what to emphasize based on the content; whereas, as a producer/writer who has produced and hosted instructional television for years we are
taught to focus on our audience first and to wrap the same content with the same emphasis so that it has emphasis where it needs it through the use of music, effects, voice and visual impact." So the question is this: Isn't there a strong indication that a good repeat good deal more teaching will be done by avatars? Inside or outside traditional classrooms? For what it's worth, I'd point to one link that seems to me interesting in this regard. Just asking, remember, no expert but interested in scripts & differAnt new techs.

  https://www.cs.tcd.ie/Soha.Maad/dossier_smaad/ERCIM_REPORT/HCII2003_maads.pdf

  Cheers, Will

William Bain
PhD Student