[Air-l] Online Activism -- empirical research references?

Chris Ward drpoo at drpooville.org
Wed May 2 05:27:00 PDT 2007

I can not recommend any references, but I can recommend checking out the
latest actions made by the users of Digg.com after the site maintainers
censored articles covering HD-DVD encryption keys. It's very interesting
stuff, just do a quick search and you'll find hundreds of thousands of
references to this incident over just the past few days. Maybe you'll
find it interesting too. Good luck.

-Chris

Paul DiPerna wrote:
> Dear air-listers,
>
> Can anyone recommend references for research on online activism?
> particularly relating to social and political movements?  I'll
> definitely be grateful for any suggestions on insightful case studies
> and even broader empirical research..
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Paul
>

> -------------
> Paul DiPerna
> Blau Exchange
> http://www.blauexchange.org
> online ID: http://claimid.com/pdiperna

-Chris

http://www.HumanEcologyForum.org

- Free Blogs for all! Human Ecology is the key.

- Cooperative Human Ecology Web Search

- Jobs, Internships, Scholarships, Events, More. Updated daily!

- Open Access to publish your Human Ecological Works Online.

- FOSS tools for your org.: Conference Mgmt, Journal Publishing, More.

- Collaboration is the key to all success.

- Individual hardwork comes in second. Come on and Join!