[Air-l] Grants

James Whyte whyte.james at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 22:38:40 PDT 2007

Randy,

  Thanks for the link to the NSF report. However, it is not particularly supportive of your position. The first page makes it clear that the figures, you quoted, for 2007 are projections and not actual data.

  Also, it gives no deliniation of what kind of projects might be funded.

  Granted my original observation is ad hoc and anecdotal. subsequently I have revisted my archives which contain all to notifications in 2007. IMHO, based on these 4 months of postings, money for projects in Internet research seem to be at best limited.

  On reflection I wonder if we are seeing the same information even though we may be reading the same articles and papers. I'll be  glad to forward you all the emails I have received.

  Finally, my observation was more in the form of a question than a declarative position. In this low stakes environment. I didn't realize I was writing for examination.

  Now, having read the NSF report, I am not moved by the tentative nature of the data and I question your conclusion. Do you have something more current?

  James