[Air-l] last.fm group

Bruce Mason mason.bruce at gmail.com
Mon May 28 03:18:15 PDT 2007

I seem to recall somewhere that there was a study which claimed to be able
to extract a lot of personal information from a user through their music
tastes. I wonder if the same is true of groups. Although that's a little
whimsical, there was a conference held on "radical data" recently; which was
all about the use of trace data in social science. By telling Last FM of our
music and joining groups we're actually giving Last FM some very rich data
about ourselves.

For now though, I'm on a quest to scrobble lots of Queens of the Stone Age.

Bruce