[Air-l] last.fm group

Tanya Rabourn tanya at pixelcharmer.com
Tue May 29 15:07:30 PDT 2007

On 5/29/07, Nancy Baym <nbaym at ku.edu> wrote:

> which speaks to the notion that some Last.fm users are policing the
> system looking for suspected cheaters and calling them to account for
> what they perceive as unfeasible numbers of listens.

Months ago I remember one such user pointing out that a few had
started to game the system by creating 30 sec. mp3's resulting in more
plays over a given time period than would be technically possible. I
found it interesting that they were willing to put that much effort in
to getting those counts up.

-Tanya