[Air-l] last.fm group

Andrea Forte aforte at cc.gatech.edu
Wed May 30 15:41:32 PDT 2007

It actually doesn't surprise me that people put that much effort into
gaming Last. I'm into music and I pay attention to music likes/dislikes on
soc networking sites. In Judith Donath's terminology, Last seems to me as
a music lover to be more of an assessment signal for music tastes--and one
of the few available online to identify like-minded listeners. Far more
difficult to misrepresent one's tastes than with the conventional
signaling associated with free-text profiles in myspace, facebook, etc.

Andrea