[Air-L] facebook more popular than porn?

Conor Schaefer conor.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:06:20 PST 2007

I definitely take issue with the methodology here. Http browsing in
general is rather passé among youths, I think, and so examining the
number of porn websites one visits, even the frequency of the visits, is
absurd. It makes sense to me that users "over 25" are still visiting
"porn sites," as youth now are without a doubt swapping high quality
porn over torrent networks.

I am extremely interested to know which domains were being monitored in
this study. More data, more data! Ever the complaint, no?

But really, I think that youth are if anything enjoying higher quality
porn, much more data, and probably more time spent WATCHING porn, albeit
less acquiring it, as adding a torrent is a 5-second process and then
requires no oversight.

Just my two cents. I do not believe that youth suddenly don't care about
"skin."