[Air-L] Looking for Research on 3D Virtual Worlds

Chris Greenhow greenhow at umn.edu
Thu Nov 22 02:51:36 PST 2007

Hi and Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate,

I'm looking for research that addresses the following questions. Please send
me any references, articles, or ideas off-list and thank you for your time!

This request is specifically for those of you doing research in Second Life
or similar 3D multi-user virtual environments. I'm looking for
papers/articles that address the following:

-- What are best practices for research in virtual worlds? What are some
strategies for beginners?

-- What are the ethical considerations of creating virtual content?

--- What pedagogical approaches are central to the delivery of materials
within virtual worlds?

Christine Greenhow

Dr. Christine Greenhow
Learning Technologies
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
College of Education and Human Development
University of Minnesota
130A Peik Hall
159 Pillsbury Drive SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455