[Air-L] Social Network Sites: Definition, History, and Scholarship

Nicole Ellison nellison at msu.edu
Thu Nov 1 17:03:46 PDT 2007

Hi there,

As you know danah boyd and I have been working for the last year on a
special section of JCMC focused on social network sites. I'm thrilled
to announce our introduction to the issue, which might be of interest
to many of you working in this area, is now online. Our piece, titled
"Social Network Sites: Definition, History, and Scholarship," has
four sections:

- a usable definition of "social network sites"
- a history of some of the major shifts in the development of SNSs
- a literature review of work done in this space
- a description of the articles included in the special issue

The article is available here: http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol13/issue1/
boyd.ellison.html

Note that not all the pieces are live yet; I'll post another
announcement when the full issue is ready for your consumption and
critique.

Thanks to everyone who helped us with reviews and info! Looking
forward to hearing what y'all think.

Nicole

  * * *
Nicole Ellison, PhD