[Air-L] Why aren't more websites accessible?

Ronald E. Rice rrice at comm.ucsb.edu
Tue Nov 27 23:28:25 PST 2007

This might be helpful:
Schneider, S. J., Frechtling, J., Edgar, T., Brawley, B., & Goldstein, E.
(2001). Evaluating a federal health-related web site: A multimethod
perspective on Medicare.gov.  In R. E. Rice & J. E. Katz (Eds.), The
Internet and health communication (pp. 167-187).  Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.

This specifically mentions accessibility issues as part of federal
evaluation guidelines for federal websites.
Ronald E. Rice
Arthur N. Rupe Chair in the Social Effects of Mass Communication
Co-Director, Carsey-Wolf Center for Film, Television, and New Media
President of the International Communication Association 2006-2007
Dept. of  Communication, 4840 Ellison Hall
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-4020
Ph: 805-893-8696; Fax: 805-893-7102
rrice at comm.ucsb.edu