[Air-L] JCMC on SNSs - birth announcement

Nicole Ellison nellison at msu.edu
Tue Nov 13 06:43:11 PST 2007

Hi there AOIR-ites,
As promised, I'm thrilled to announce that the special issue of JCMC
on SNSs edited by danah and myself is now completely online and
available! I am confident that those of you who study social network
sites will find something of interest among the eight articles.
Please take a peek.

Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication Special Theme Issue on
"Social Network Sites"
Guest Editors: danah boyd and Nicole Ellison
http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol13/issue1/

- "Social Network Sites: Definition, History, and Scholarship" by
danah boyd and Nicole Ellison
- "Signals in Social Supernets" by Judith Donath
- "Social Network Profiles as Taste Performances" by Hugo Liu
- "Whose Space? Differences Among Users and Non-Users of Social
Network Sites" by Eszter Hargittai
- "Cying for Me, Cying for Us: Relational Dialectics in a Korean
Social Network Site" by Kyung-Hee Kim and Haejin Yun
- "Public Discourse, Community Concerns, and Civic Engagement:
Exploring Black Social Networking Traditions on BlackPlanet.com" by
Dara Byrne
- "Mobile Social Networks and Social Practice: A Case Study of
Dodgeball" by Lee Humphreys
- "Publicly Private and Privately Public: Social Networking on
YouTube" by Patricia Lange

  * * *
Nicole Ellison, PhD
nellison at msu.edu