[Air-L] Last call: Interactive Com. tenure-track position @ Quinnipiac University

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Wed Nov 14 17:37:20 PST 2007

Hi, all,

Hope to see some of you at the National Communication Association
meeting in Chicago this week. If any of you are interested in the
below position, and would like to chat about it in Chicago (or via
phone), please email me. Yes, the date we started considering things
has passed, but we would still love to be considering you! If you got
a chance to talk with me or Ewa in Vancouver, you know we are growing
our grad program, and looking for people with outstanding competencies
on both the technical and theoretical side to come help us create a
really innovative program.

Best,

Alex

The School of Communications of Quinnipiac University seeks candidates
for a tenure-track appointment at the assistant or associate level in
the area of interactive communications to start August, 2008. The
successful candidate, with expertise in the area of interactive
communication, will make major contributions to our graduate program
in this area; he or she will also contribute to other concentrations
in the curriculum, such as, journalism, public relations, media
production, or media studies, depending upon experience and
research/creative interests.

An advanced degree is required, and a high level of technical
proficiency is expected. The ability and willingness to teach in both
traditional and online environments is essential. Candidates are asked
to document substantial professional experience in the area of content
production for online media organizations engaged in the creation and
distribution of news, information services, or entertainment and
cultural works.

The Ed McMahon Mass Communications Center at Quinnipiac University is
a state of the art instructional facility that includes a fully high
definition television studio and post production facility.

Quinnipiac University is in Hamden, Connecticut, ten minutes from
downtown New Haven, ninety minutes from NYC, and two hours from
Boston. Sleeping Giant State Park provides a dramatic background to
the pristine 500-acre New England campus where 280 full-time faculty
teach more than 5,200 full-time undergraduate students and 2,000
graduate students in our schools of communications, business, health,
and law, and the College of Liberal Arts, which also contains the
division of education. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top
universities with master's degree programs in the northern region in
US News and World Report's America's Best Colleges. For more
information, please visit www.quinnipiac.edu.

Send curriculum vitae and supporting documentation to Search
Committee, Interactive Communications SB-MCM, School of
Communications, Quinnipiac University, 275 Mt. Carmel Avenue, Hamden,
CT 06518 or e-mail to: ICMSearchCommittee at quinnipiac.edu.

Consideration of candidates will begin November 1 and continue until filled.

//
// This email is
// [X] assumed public and may be blogged / forwarded.
// [ ] assumed to be private, please ask before redistributing.
//
// Alexander C. Halavais
// Social Architect
// http://alex.halavais.net