[Air-L] communicating online

joana ro joanaro at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 22 03:13:10 PST 2007

Dear List,

I am using a Wiki for my undergraduate class  - something relatively new for
most of my students.
We are using it at the moment to publish summaries of theoretical texts and
give feedback to those summaries.

I am worried about the way the students are communicating in the Wiki.
The usual problems of short, unrevised and heated language are turning the
feedback into a competitive space
- something I really wanted to avoid.

I have passed out feedback and discussion guidelines but I am lacking a good
set of guidelines for communicating online.
The Netiquette lists I know are too technical and not specific enough.

I would be very happy about any suggestions how to deal with a situation
like this and where to find a good set of rules.

Thank you very much for your help,

Johanna Roering

University of Tuebingen
Sfb War Experience