[Air-L] Why aren't more websites accessible?

Glen E. Farrelly glensleeo at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 23:16:43 PST 2007

I’m new to academic research and to this group, so forgive me if I’m not following conventions.

  I'm in the process of submitting a master's level grant application to examine why more websites, specifically Canadian, are not made accessible for the visually impaired.

  While I believe the perceived cost and effort to make websites accessible is a significant reason, I was hoping to find research into other factors.  If anyone knows of any research in this area - or in ascertaining the degree of inaccessibility - I would greatly appreciate any tips, links or advice.

  Thank you,
  Glen Farrelly
Student, Royal Roads University / Web Producer
Glen.farrelly at yahoo.com