[Air-L] New media program/journal rankings

Marj Kibby Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au
Sat Nov 3 21:53:33 PDT 2007

Dr Marjorie Kibby,
Senior Lecturer in Communication & Culture
Faculty of Education and Arts
The University of Newcastle,  Callaghan NSW 2308 Australia
Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au
+61 2 49216604
>>> Daren Carroll Brabham <dbrabham at kued.org> 11/04/07 7:40 AM >>>
It occurred to me the other day that I know of no published rankings of
new media programs around the world, nor of any ranking for journals
which feature new media research.  If rankings already exist, forgive
this message...and please let me know where those rankings are...

Under our new goverment funding model we are having to make 'impact
statements' about all of pur research.

Dr Anne-Wil Harzing at the University of Melbourne provides a software
program called "Publish or Perish" that retrieves and analyzes academic
citations based on Google Scholar which has better coverage of
(citations in) books, conference proceedings and a wider range of
journals and retrieves more citations in Social Sciences, Arts &
Humanities than ISI

http://www.harzing.com/resources.htm#/pop.htm

New Media & Society:
Papers:415,