[Air-L] Position: Director of MS in Interactive Communications Program

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Mon Oct 15 10:18:34 PDT 2007

Hello, everyone,

If you are not already in the air for AIR--and for those who cannot
join us this year--I thought I would note that we are hiring for
someone to direct our MS in Interactive Communication program at
Quinnipiac University.

The official announcement is below. In short, we are looking for a
"administrator-professional-scholar"--someone who has experience
administering university programs (ideally, online graduate programs),
someone who can demonstrate significant experience in the interactive
industry (e.g., producer for online news or entertainment), and
someone who has a solid grounding in new media theory and practice. If
that seems too specific, we're mainly looking for interesting people
to work with, and people ambitious enough to be able to foster the top
program in the area. Since we pulled from the AIR crowd for our last
hire, we hope there may be someone who fits this bill as well, and is
looking for a move to Connecticut.

Please drop me a note if you are in Vancouver and would like to chat
informally about the position, the university, or anything else, for
that matter :).

Best,

Alex

Director of Interactive Communications Online Graduate Program

The School of Communications of Quinnipiac University seeks an
experienced administrator to direct an innovative professionally
oriented online graduate program in interactive communications.

The M.S. program in Interactive Communications prepares students for
career advancement and opportunities as content producers or Web
development managers for media companies or other firms that create
and distribute information or entertainment online. Our graduates hold
key positions in the online divisions of media and advertising
companies such as A&E Entertainment Digital Media, AvenueA/Razorfish,
CSTV, ESPN, the Journal-Register Co., Tribune Co. Young & Rubicam, and
work in online marketing and Web development divisions for regional
and global corporations and nonprofit organizations.

This is a 12-month administrative appointment. Duties include
overseeing curriculum development, student advising and working
closely with the Associate Vice President for Online Programs on
marketing, recruitment, and corporate outreach efforts. The Director
will also teach in the program. This position is available August
2008.

An advanced degree is required, and a high level of technical
proficiency is expected. Experience in online environments, strong
leadership abilities, and excellent communication skills are
essential. Previous administrative experience and media professional
experience required.

The Ed McMahon Mass Communications Center at Quinnipiac University is
a state of the art instructional facility and includes an all digital
fully high definition television studio and post production facility.

Quinnipiac University is a private, coeducational, non-sectarian
institution located in Hamden, Connecticut, 90 minutes north of New
York City and 2 hours from Boston. The University has 280 full-time
faculty and enrolls 5,400 full-time undergraduate and over 2,000
graduate students in more than 50 programs of study in Business,
Health Sciences, Law, Liberal Arts, Education, and Communications.
Quinnipiac University consistently ranks among the top northern
regional universities in US News and World Report's America's Best
Colleges.

Send letter of application, curriculum vitae and contact information
for three references electronically to: Dr. David Donnelly at
david.donnelly at quinnipiac.edu. Consideration of candidates will begin
November 15, 2007 and continue until position is filled.

Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and
practices of diversity throughout the University community and we
welcome candidates who would enhance that diversity.

--
//
// This email is