[Air-L] Fwd: Creativity: Innovation and Industry

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed Oct 24 15:26:52 PDT 2007

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Thom Corah <tcorah at DMU.AC.UK>
> Date: October 24, 2007 9:56:25 AM CDT
> To: CREATIVEINDUSTRIES at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
> Subject: Creativity: Innovation and Industry
>
> Hi all,
>

> Apologies for cross posting
>

> I am pleased to announce advance details of a one day conference on
> creativity to be held on 6th December at De Montfort University in
> Leicester. Brief details are below, with more available from the
> website
> at http://cii.dmu.ac.uk <http://cii.dmu.ac.uk/> .
>

> Best regards
>

> Thom Corah
>
> Research Assistant
>
> Creativity East Midlands
>
> De Montfort University
>

> Creativity: Innovation and Industry
>

> Enhancing creativity, innovation and productivity
>

> A one day symposium exploring creativity
>

> 6th December 2007
>

> De Montfort University
>

> Advance Notice
>

> No company ever cost-cut its way to greatness. Creativity is the
> path to
> greater productivity, new products, and new services. Sustained
> success
> in business depends on the ability to innovate. Creativity
> shouldn't be
> restricted to the 'creatives', it needs to flow through the entire
> company.[1]
>

> "To compete successfully in the global economy, we must foster a
> dynamic
> environment with innovative and creative businesses at its heart."[2]
>

> This one day conference will look at how new technologies and new ways
> of thinking can be applied to successful business innovation. There
> are
> four main themes.
>

> *	What is creativity?
> *	How can we be more creative?
> *	How does innovation happen?
> *	How is creativity managed successfully in business?
>

> To explore and answer these questions will be thoughts,
> experiences, and
> insights from four distinguished speakers.
>
>> Prof. Margaret Boden
> (http://www.sussex.ac.uk/informatics/profile276.html)
>
>> Dr. Claudia Eckert (http://www.edc.eng.cam.ac.uk/people/cme26.html)
>
>> Frank Boyd (http://www.unexpectedmedia.com/)
>
>> Toby Moores (http://www.sleepydog.net)
>

> There will also be a parallel strand of workshops should you choose to
> learn in a more practical way. These will be
>
>> Enhancing Creativity: a creativity assistant
>
>> Creative Collaboration: face to face
>
>> Speaking the language of creativity
>
>> Creative techniques
>

> For more information please visit http://cii.dmu.ac.uk
> <http://cii.dmu.ac.uk/>
>

> ________________________________
>
> [1] Cox Review of Creativity in Business
>
> [2] Regional Economic Strategy for the East Midlands, EMDA

jeremy hunsinger
Information Ethics Fellow, Center for Information Policy Research,
School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
(www.cipr.uwm.edu)

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info/  LI-the journal