[Air-L] next conference: when?

Charles Ess charles.ess at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 06:30:19 PDT 2007

Dear Chris and all,

Good question!

On behalf of Lisbeth Klastup (ITU / Local Chair) and Brian Loader (York
University / Programme Chair), I'm very pleased to forward the first CFP for
next year's conference -

==
Internet Research 9.0: Rethinking Communities, Rethinking Place

Internet Research 9.0 will be hosted by the IT University of Copenhagen, in
conjunction with the Faculty of Humanities, University of Copenhagen.
The conference takes place October 15th to October 19th 2008.

New forms of netbased communities are now emerging, distributed on various
websites and services, and making use of several media platforms and genres
to stay connected. Now, as mobile and location-based technologies are
reintroducing "place" as an important aspect in the formation of communal
and social activities, it is time to consider and rethink the concept of
online or virtual communities. Not forgetting the lessons we have learned
from studying the early virtual communities, how do we describe, analyse,
theorise and design the communities and social formations of the early 21st
century?
Submissions that consider Internet-mediated communities, groups, networks
and organisations, and social experiences of place are encouraged. As
always, submissions concerning all other forms of Internet research are very
welcome.
Updates: http://conferences.aoir.org
About the venue: The IT University of Copenhagen (ITU), founded 1999, offers
a variety of programmes in an international atmosphere. Research and
teaching are based on a broad approach to IT, from a computer science, a
business, and an arts and humanities perspective.
Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark (pop. 1.7 million), has lots to offer in
terms of history, culture and entertainment. Everyone speaks English.
Copenhagen is easily accessible by all major airlines and a popular tourist
city. We advise you to book your flight and hotel well in advance.
==
More soon!
- charles ess

Distinguished Research Professor,
Global Studies Center <http://www.drury.edu/gp21>
Drury University
Springfield, MO  65802  USA

Guest Professor (fall, 2007), Department of Media Studies
Department of Media Studies
IT Park
Helsingforsgade 14
8200 Aarhus N
Denmark
Office: (45) 8942 9219
Mobile: (45) 2986 8967

President, Association of Internet Researchers <www.aoir.org>
Co-Editor, International Journal of Internet Research Ethics
http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/SOIS/cipr/ijire.html
Co-chair, CATaC conferences <www.catacconference.org>
Professor II, Globalization and Applied Ethics Programmes
<http://www.anvendtetikk.ntnu.no/pres/bridgingcultures.php>

Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23