[Air-L] A Canadian critical of LL Re: Lawrence Lessig on ending corruption and influence of money in politics

Ben Spigel spigel.1 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 9 08:00:30 PDT 2007

There is a great deal of work in translating (both literally and
figuratively) American IP systems into different countries' systems. A
great example is the Canadian Creative Commons group
(http://www.creativecommons.ca/). While thanks to the Berne Convention
many countries share common features of IP law, Canada has a host of
creators' rights not seen in America. Michael Giest
(http://www.michaelgeist.ca), a law prof at U Ottawa is a leading
scholar in how to convert CC, which was created in an American legal
context, into different legal systems.

Standard IANALOALS warnings apply.

Ben Spigel
Department of Geography